For sellers of a home or cabin in the Pigeon Forge, Sevierville or Gatlinburg area of the Tennessee Smoky Mountains. Not every home improvement has to break the bank. Here are a few simple improvements you can make that will have a major impact, but are still relatively inexpensive.
1. Add some trees: Want to add some curb appeal to your home and feel better when you’re pulling into the driveway after work? You won’t believe the difference a few trees can make. And compared to the cost (mature trees starts at around $1,000), they provide a great return on investment for you property value and can lower energy bills by providing shade.
2. Add molding: Molding instantly adds a classy, sophisticated touch to any room, and if you do it yourself, it can cost less than $2 per foot. If you ever sell your home, buyers consistently say that molding is a big plus.
3. Upgrade your ceiling fans: An efficient ceiling fan costs far less than air conditioning, and if your current ceiling fan is on its last legs, a replacement can totally change the look of a room.
4. Energy efficient appliances: Still using the appliances that came with the home? Upgrading your range, fridge, or dishwasher won’t just give your kitchen a sleeker appearance. Newer, more energy-efficient appliances will also lower your utility bills.
5. Invest in storage: One of the biggest ways to improve your home is to declutter. Have a yard sale or donate items you no longer need, and then invest in some good storage solutions for what you keep.